OSTIA VIKINGS WARHAMMER
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.
OSTIA VIKINGS WARHAMMER

Forum Privato e Pubblico degli Ostia Vikings, giocatori di Warhammer Fantasy Battle

IndiceIndice  PortalePortale  Ultime immaginiUltime immagini  RegistratiRegistrati  AccediAccedi  

wab lista roma repubblicana

Andare in basso 
AutoreMessaggio
fuskens

fuskens

Numero di messaggi : 596

wab lista roma repubblicana Empty
MessaggioTitolo: wab lista roma repubblicana   wab lista roma repubblicana Icon_minitimeSab Mag 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Republican Roman Army List
Punic Wars
Written by Tony Edwards.
Extensive testing, contributing, bitching, and moaning from the St Louis area WAB gamers.
Designed for use with Warhammer Ancient Battles.

Battle lines:
A 'battle line' must be declared after deployment before the start of a game. The loose defination are two or more manipular units facing the same direction deployed in a line with roughly less than a 4" gap between them and all of the line's units are in good order.

The romans may form up to three battle lines (the hastati, principes, and triarii).

All manipular units in good order that still have a standard within 12" in front of or behind a battle line receive a +1 to their leadership tests, fleeing units within 12" behind a battle line receive a +1 to their attempt to rally.
Any fleeing units that successfully flee through a subsequent battle line are considered to have escaped their pursuers, even if the flight was due to being broken in combat and the pursuers would have normally caught and destroyed the fleeing unit.
The radius for all panic tests affecting subsequent battle lines is halved. A single unit is considered "in good order" if it is not engaged in hand to hand combat with an opponent to it's the flank or rear and it has not taken more than 50% casualties. As I said above all the units in a battle line must be in good order for the line to be considered in good order.
It is possible for units in a battle line to be drawn out of position, either due to a failed panic check or normal movement. When this happens the line is considered split - units in front of the newly created hole no longer receive the 'battle line' benefits until that hole can be plugged. Other contiguous parts of the line still qualify as long as the rest of the line is in good order. Note this means that once you start turning the end units to face down a flanking threat the units in front they were 'supporting' are now in trouble and the turned unit does not get the benefit of the reduced panic range. Although once a unit in the line is broken in HTH combat that line is 'destroyed' for the purposes of the battle line rule.

It is possible to fill the holes in an otherwise unengaged battle line. It requires a unit in good order from either a line before or behind to step up into the gap. In this manner it is possible to 'swap' your forward maniples by simply disengaging the fighting units. Drilled units will not generally have a problem, non-drilled units will have to rely upon passing the required leadership test. Should that fail you are still likely to escape and rally, that is the purpose of the line behind. The astute reader will notice a sweet spot between six and seven inches: Six inches is just far enough to ignore break test panic checks, seven inches is the average flight result on two dice, and still close enough that the unit which successfully disengaged its eight inches will still "roughly" form a line.

Characters
Scipio Africanus M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 5 5 4 4 3 5 2 10 200
Equipment: Hand weapon and light armor, shield. May ride a horse (free).
Special: Army general, drilled, stubborn. Scipio had a knack for outwitting in the pre-battle phase of a battle. He may either choose to move first or force his opponent to completely deploy his army and then move second, when not otherwise dictated by the scenario. Scipio himself was the personality that bonded with the Spanish. Any spanish allies count as part of the regular army, in game terms they may test off of Scipio's impressive leadership when applicable. Use of Scipio, like all special characters, required your opponent's permission first.
0-1 Roman General M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 5 5 4 4 3 5 2 9 150
Equipment: Hand weapon and light armor. May carry a shield and if on foot a large shield. May be mounted, Movement becomes 8 and the regular cavalry save of +1. All equipment and upgrade costs are already included in the base point cost, and thus are 'free'.
Special: Army general, drilled, stubborn.

Lesser Officers M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 4 4 4 4 2 5 2 8 60
Equipment: Hand weapon and light armor. May carry a shield and if on foot a large shield. May be mounted, Movement becomes 8 and the regular cavalry save of +1. All equipment and upgrade costs are already included in the base point cost, and thus are 'free'.
Special: Drilled, stubborn. A maximum of one office per 500 points. One officer may be upgraded to the army standard bearer for +15 points. If a roman general is not present then one officer (not the ASB) may have the Army General ability for +25 points.

Leigons
Any leigon unit below may be Veteran at +2 points a model. Veteran leigons receive an Initiative 4 and are considered drilled.
Hastati M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 9
Equipment: Heavy throwing spear, sword, large shield. May upgrade to light armor (+1 pt).
Special: Manipular Formation

Principes M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 10
Equipment: Heavy throwing spear, sword, light armor, large shield.
Special: Manipular Formation

Triarii M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 3 3 3 3 1 4 1 8 12
Equipment: Thrusting spear, sword, light armor, large shield.
Special: Stubborn, Manipular Formation. The number of triarii may not exceed more than 25% the total number of hastati and principes.

Velites M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
5 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 6
Equipment: Javelin, sword, buckler. May upgrade to shield (+1 pt).
Special: Skirmishers.

Roarii M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
5 2 3 3 3 1 3 1 5 4
Equipment: Javelin, sword, buckler. May upgrade to shield (+1 pt).
Special: Skirmishers. You cannot take roarii if you take velites.
The velites were the replacements to the old roarii and leves. There is little concensus among the professionals as to when this occurred, but it is pretty clear the one replaced the other. Thus the either-or option above.

0-1 Penal Leigon M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 10
Equiment: Sword, shield.
Special: Frenzied. Any time a penal leigon unit successfully destroys a unit it will remain in place until it successfully passes a leadership test. They were made famous for their rather macabre scene of head chopping and scalp taking at the battle of (????). If attacked they will fight back normally but otherwise the controlling player will be unable to voluntarily move them.
May only be used in Italy.

Cavalry
Roman and Latin Cavalry M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
6 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 15
Equipment: Sword, shield. May have light armor (+2 pts) and thrusting spear (+2 pts).rge shield.

Allies
This represents both allied local rednecks in remote campaign areas, and even the non latin allies which did receive proper roman arms or training (if you feel those even existed). Unlike for Carthage, these are considered normal allies.
Mercenary Skirmishers M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
5 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 7
Equipment: Hand weapon, javelin. Italian skirmishers may upgrade to shields (+1 pt) and or light armor (+2 pts). A single unit may upgrade the javelins for short bows (+1 point), slings (+2 points) or bows (+2 points).
Generally available anywhere. Mercenary skirmishers were the pick of the liter, the best the local-lities had to offer and well paid for their service. When the listed mercenaries are better than the local variety it is assumed that only the best were hired by Carthage. Local warlords were forced to deal with whatever they had available.
Oscan (southern Italy) skirmishers were the run of the mill Samnites or Bruttians, only fighting in roles where ranks and close in thrown spears were less preferable to an open order and hurling their javelins at the maximum range possible. Only for use in Italy.
Slings (and bucklers) were used by the Baleric slingers, bows and bucklers by the Cretan archers. They did not seem to have any significant imact on battles where they saw action, but there was some mention of these being present.

Skirmishers M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
5 2 3 3 3 1 2 1 5 4
Equipment: Javelins and improvised weapons. Non-leves may upgrade javelins to a short bow (+1 pt), bow (+2 pts), or sling (+2 pts).

Allied Spearmen M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld Pts
4 2 3 3 3 1 2 1 7 6
Equipment: Thrusting spears and a buckler. May upgrade to a shield (+1 pt) or light armor (+2 pts). Allied greek units may be organized into a phalanx at +2 points per model. Models that do not purcahse armor may trade their thrusting spears for javelins and are then considered light infantry (peltasts and thureophoroi in greek terms, other locals may vary).
Special: Allied greeks may only be used from Syracuse, eastern Italy (Tarentum), and the eastern theaters of Greece, Illyria, and Macedonia. Allied spearmen, especially as light infantry, can be used almost anywhere else, especially the unwilling Sicilian, Illryian, Campanian, or Lybian locals.

Rome may also draw allies from the Aetolian League list (for those with Clashing Empires), Ancient Greek list (for those without), Spanish list, the Barbarian list (Gauls and Celtiberians), or the Numidian list. Aetolians may only be used in Greece and Macedonia. Ancient greeks may only be used in Greece, Macedonia, or Sicily. The spanish can only be used in Spain. The barbarians may be used in either Italy or Spain. And finally the Numidians may only be used in Africa.
Torna in alto Andare in basso

wab lista roma repubblicana
Pagina 1 di 1
 Argomenti simili
-
» Creazione Gruppo a Roma (zona Tiburtina)